DRAGON VENTS COMPARED TO THE
STANDARD MUSHROOM STYLED ROOF VENTS
The Dragon Vent Has Been Tested To Achieve Better Airflow Performance From Your Rangehood Whilst Being Less Noisy, No Cold Drafts Will Enter Your Home And No Flies Or Vermin Can Enter Making Your Cooking Area More Hygienic And Healthier.
- Flies are a big problem in Australia the 2mm stainless steel mesh on the vent completely cuts off entry points to the house, thus prohibiting , flies, bees, vermin and fire embers from entering the house.
- It is the only high flow vent on the market that meets the requirements of range hoods.
- The Dragon Vent’s unique gravity valve stops cold air returning into the system, thus preventing oxidisation to parts, components and wiring control panels.
- Maintenance is easy and safe with the easy to clean mesh safely from the ground with a garden hose.
- Exhausts foul air and it’s contaminants upwards away from the roof cover to avoid staining.
- The low slim lined profile and discreet design allows the vent to be installed directly above the hood anywhere on the roof with out spoiling the aesthetics of the house.
- Independently wind tunnel tested in cyclonic (125 kmh) conditions. Designed for coastal and harsh climate conditions.
- Designed for standard corrugated tin & tile roofs. Roof colour matching available for tin roofs.
- Receive up to 50% more airflow performance which allows the rangehood to function at optimum levels.
- Also designed for ceiling exhaust systems also, so you can utilise the sleek design for a whole house roof venting solution.
Be Educated And More Aware Of The Issues
DISADVANTAGES OF THE STANDARD OUTDATED MUSHROOM VENT
- They do not meet the outlet pressure requirements for nearly all rangehood brands. The outlet size is 35% smaller than the inlet, which results in the fan motor having to work harder due to this restriction. In turn, this the shortens the life of the rangehood.
- Restricted air pressure inherently makes the fan motor on the rangehood noisy and stops the appliance from working at optimum levels as the air direction cannot follow an effective path.
- Such restrictions are also make it impossible to comply with manufacturers’ installation requirements which can become an issue for consumers who may claim for problems within the appliance’s warranty terms and conditions.
- They do not meet the requirements that are set out for bushfire attack level (BAL) regions in Australia.
- Hot foul air (85 degrees C) is exhausted directly down onto the roof cover which can damage the integrity of the sealant and create an entry point for vermin, which will then take advantage of any food sources available to them.
- They are not designed for high winds and rain, so they tend to vibrate (whistle) .
- Maintenance is an issue as the mushrooms aren’t designed to be cleaned, because the mesh actually filters the fat residue and if not cleaned regularly, it becomes a fire hazard.
5/21 Delage Street, Joondalup WA 6027
(08) 9304 0511